On 04/27/2011 10:56 AM, R. Levi wrote:
> I would like to add a link to IMDB for the feature  films that we have in our
> catalog.  IMDB doesn't appear to have  ISBNs.  Is there a way to link the MARC
> record with the IMDB record  without manually searching IMDB to find each
> movie?  Thanks, Rich

See if this helps:

http://www.imdb.com/interfaces

I can't find anything that maps from, say, "The Wrestler" to "tt1125849",
but you can get their unambiguous title list with, e.g.:

The Wrestler (1925)                                     1925
The Wrestler (1974)                                     1974
The Wrestler (2008)                                     2008

And then it's a hop, skip, and a jump to:

http://www.imdb.com/Title?The%20Wrestler%20%282008%29

With slighly bigger hops, skips, and jumps, you could harvest the URL that
this redirects to, and get your tt number that way:

Location: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1125849/

--
Thomas Dowling