I like that you said "when" rather than "if", heh.

Have you guys at VIAF made it clear to LC that you'd consider them publishing in linked data to be a complement to VIAF, rather than duplication? I think maybe some people think it'd be duplication, which I think is not true.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Young,Jeff (OR)
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Planned changes to the VIAF RDF

Update:

Somebody offline asked why the diagrams have links to external Swiss and German authority resources, but not LC.  The reason is that LC doesn't currently publish their name authority file as linked data. When they do, the owl:sameAs links to their URIs can be added to VIAF.

The only VIAF contributors we're aware of today that publish their own authority Linked Data are Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, National Library of Sweden, and the National Széchényi Library (Hungary).

Jeff