Our work on Memento comes to mind, of course.

http://www.mementoweb.org/

And in particular, regarding the second point, our papers about the
use of Memento for non-traditional interactions with web archives:

* http://arxiv.org/abs/1003.3661
Using Memento to recover the state of a web resource at the point in
time it was annotated, to ensure that the annotation is displayed with
the correct representation.

* http://arxiv.org/abs/1003.2643
Using Memento with Linked Data to perform time series analysis.

And hopefully a paper at Open Repositories, describing initial and
ongoing research, briefly summarized in:

* http://public.lanl.gov/herbertv/papers/Papers/2011/MementoPoster_IKS_201104.pdf

Hope that helps!

Rob