I tell the people reporting to me to schedule learning time for their
1st hour of the day.  Before turning on email or listening to voice
mail.  Rarely is there anything in daily operations that can't wait an
hour.

Of course I totally suck at taking my own advice.   I wish I had time
to improve my skills with MySQL, RDF, and XSLT
Laura

--
Laura J. Smart
Metadata Services Manager, Caltech Library