I often employ the word 'raster', along with some other foul language, for any PDFs that don't have manipulate-able text.


-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keith Jenkins
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] What's the descriptive technical terminology?... pdf image of a page. pdf format used with cut paste.

I've also heard many people use the term "searchable PDF" for a text-based PDF.


On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Peter Murray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> That is the same terminology I use as well -- image-based versus text-based. I find that works most times because people can visually see if something looks like a scanned image.