Peter Murray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Second, some comments I got were about cranky Java applets and
> applications.  LYRASIS has two conference tools at its disposal --
> Java-based Centra and Flash-based Acrobat Connect -- and I chose
> Centra because running Flash on LINUX is an issue.  Maybe this will
> need to be revisited (or maybe there is another Java-based
> conference system that can do better).

I think Centra only runs in Sun Java while Acrobat Connect only runs
in Adobe's Flash - neither work in any of the FOSS ones - so that
choice is between the devil and the deep blue sea to me.  It's the
same argument as Open Access but for online conferencing instead of
journals.

It's quite frustrating that Moodle, LernID and Muji are all close but
not quite there, as far as I can tell.  I'd love to help fix this, but
I don't have a funding stream available for it.  Does anyone on this
list know who does?  (I don't care who does it but I'd love to see
this problem solved!)

Thanks,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha