We are actually right in the middle of a massive weeding project here
at UTC, and my Web Tech librarian, Andrea Schurr (whom some of you
probably met at C4L this year) built a really cool system to handle
it. We aren't using ajax (although I argued for it, she talked me out
of it). However, our project necessitates feedback from subject
faculty, so it has the ability to allow for the Chemistry faculty, for
example, to review the discard list, mark items to keep, and that list
is then further reviewed by Library liaisons to make sure the faculty
aren't just telling us to keep everything. :-)

It's all pre-populated with our bib data. She's on vacation this week,
but the plan is to open-source the setup asap. If anyone is
interested, drop me a line and I'll make sure and let you know when we
get it up.

Jason