OCLC Research would desperately love to add VIAF links to Wikipedia
articles, but it seems to be very difficult.  The OpenLibrary folks tried to
do it a while back and ended up getting their plans severely curtailed.  The
discussion at Wikipedia is captured here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bots/Requests_for_approval/OpenlibraryBot

Probably for very good reasons, this seems to be a very political process.
 That means we need to have pretty good support both within and outside
the Wikipedia community to do this.

Starting with the friendliest community I can think of, is there such
support?  Should we move forward on creating a ViafBot to stick VIAF links
into Wikipedia?

Thanks!

Ralph