Hello all,

We primarily use Mercurial for version control, having migrated from SVN
over the past year or so. I am currently trying to figure out the best
way to version local (production) changes to controlled libraries. I'm
still trying to understand the different branching possibilities of hg
and git; this helped:

http://stevelosh.com/blog/2009/08/a-guide-to-branching-in-mercurial/

Seems to me like the best thing would be to maintain a production clone
of the main, public repo, separate from the actual production code, and
push/pull to and from this clone. This way it would be possible to test
without polluting the production code and creating the mess of tweaks we
have on our server now.

Does anyone have any success stories with this or another method?

Thx,

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager