Now whether it _means_ what you want it to mean is another question,
yeah. As Andreas said, I don't think that particular example _ought_ to
have two 856's.

But it ought to be perfectly parseable marc.

If your 'patch' is to make ruby-marc combine those multiple 856's into
one -- that is not right, two seperate 856's are two seperate 856's,
same as any other marc field. Applying that patch would mess up
ruby-marc, not fix it.

You need to be more specific about what you're doing and what you mean
exactly by 'causing the ruby library to ignore it'.  I wonder if you are
just using the a method in ruby-marc which only returns the first field
matching a given tag when there is more than one.