Thanks Karen

Looks like the OL code uses birth date + name, which is just what I was
thinking of doing. Although you say it's to run against a wikipedia dump
it looks like it should actually work with small changes against the
wikipedia API too. But I need this in PHP so I'll have to pick through
it and convert from perl and python before I can test it properly.

What was the javascript code you referenced below? Your link is to
jquery, rather than the script you mentioned in the text.

Graham