Some reflection suggests that for this to authority stuff to really take
off we have to make it _really_ easy for wikipedians to do.

As a model of how this could be done (and as a template to
steal^H^H^H^H^Hreuse code from) I suggest HotCat:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HotCat

HotCat adds a little GUI to the bottom of pages to make it really fast
and easy to add pages to wikipedia categories. In my complete ignorance
of how both javascript and VIAF work, it seems it should be possible to
rewrite it to look up VIAF (with the query defaulting to the current
page title) and present a list of possible matches for the user to
suggest one.

cheers
stuart

--