If I may be so bold, if users would start the subject with a period and main
topic, ie: .CONTENTdm  Then in the case started here it would be

[CODE4LIB].CONTENTdm Is there a (current) CONTENTdm support group?

could easily be filtered on [CODE4LIB].CONTENTdm or just .CONTENTdm

or .xforms, .solr, or .JobPosting .

I don't think this is an original thought, seems I saw this start on another
list.  But, if this were to happen then a conversation like this one would not
be on the list. maybe.  ;-)

m2cw,

Thomas

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 09:31:05 you wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > True, but I'm hesitant to post mundane bits of code that are irrelevant
> > to most of the user base here.  It may be worth discussing XForms in more
> > detail on code4lib, though, since the xforms4lib list never quite took
> > off with only a handful of emails in a year and a half.
>
> Ah, with 1800 subscribers in a topic as broad as "coding in
> libraries," every post will probably be irrelevant to at least some of
> the user base.
>
> I'd certainly welcome some discussions about the application of xforms
> on this list.
>
> Cheers,
> -Nate

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/