Actually, licenses with the vendor for the electronic journal generally determine if you can use it
for ILL.  This is in addition to Copyright restrictions that apply for articles in any format.
Copyright may allow it, through Fair Use or paying CCC fees, but if the license does not, then you
are in violation of the contract if you use it for ILL.  Electronic format adds a fun layer of
contract law to the Copyright discussion.
    ALIAS (Article Licensing Information Availability Service) is a generic license database that is
loaded with publicly available licenses from most of the publishers and providers. If you are
interested in seeing ALIAS, please go to the IDS Project page and download one of the presentations:
http://www.idsproject.org/Tools/ALIAS.aspx
     ALIAS is also available for any ILLiad library through the use of the Serials Solutions or SFX
Addons: https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/ILLiadAddons/Addons+Directory .
     Additionally, these addons can be configured to use the Copyright Clearance Center's Get It Now
Service:

         The Toolkit entry on it:
http://workflowtoolkit.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/ccc-getitnow-service-and-workfst low/
<http://workflowtoolkit.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/ccc-getitnow-service-and-workfst%20low/>

        The CCC Get-It-Now website is:
http://www.copyright.com/content/cc3/en/toolbar/productsAndSolutions/getitnow.html

     The Get It Now Service is a Purchase on Demand service from CCC and gives libraries another
option instead of paying Copyright fees which may be higher than purchasing the article.

Hope that helps a little bit,

Mark

Mark Sullivan
Systems Administrator for the College Libraries
1 College Circle
SUNY Geneseo
Geneseo, NY 14454
(585) 245-5698