I think you misunderstood that Ya'aqov.

What we do is make local authority records out of the Wikipedia records that we've identified as names.  So the adding dates and stuff is to the local authority record of that Wikipedia record.  We then use our usual VIAF matching technology between those Wikipedia authority records and the other authority records in VIAF.  Wikipedia records that end up in a VIAF cluster get kept and the others get dropped as not matching anything we have in VIAF.

I hope that helps!

Ralph