On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I would suggest engaging with the GLAM-WIKI project within Wikimedia
> <http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM>.  They held an unconference
> recently in New York <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMcamp_NYC>.

I second Mark's advice. The GLAM-WIKI folks are actively seeking
participation in Wikipedia from libraries. I would recommend you
specifically talk to Liam Wyatt and Katie Filbert (cc'd here) about
the ins and outs of library bots on Wikipedia. They helped organize
the recent event in NYC. Liam was the Wikipedian in Residence at the
British Museum.

//Ed

PS. some context for Liam and Katie: folks from OCLC are asking about
policies regarding bots adding links to viaf.org for name authorities,
similar to what Wikimedia-Germany have done. Full thread here:
http:[log in to unmask]