On May 28, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Jimmy Ghaphery wrote:

>> I'm sure there are folks on this mailing list who use ContentDM.  You
>> could always post advances, trials, and tribulations here.
>
> Funny you post this as I'm right at the beginning of looking at Omeka
> and was thinking of posting a query somewhere [?] to see if anyone has
> done a recent product comparison.

Just a couple of things regarding the Code4Lib mailing list. First, the list membership continues to grow at a constant rate, about one or two people every two or three days. The membership seems to be getting more international in scope, even though gmail.com email addresses prevail. I think there are about 1,800 of us.

Second, if topics have to do with programming and libraries, then it is apropos to post them here, IMHO. While I am just the mailing list administrator, I think I can speak for many people when I say there is a desire for the Code4Lib mailing list to have a broader scope as opposed to a narrower one. If folks want to create lists about other topics such as ContentDM or XForms, then more power to them. At the same time, I doubt such discussions will be shunned here.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame