Thanks for sending. I realize that you're asking for alliance member responses, but my office represents many Federal libraries who are not technically alliance members. I can send this out to our broader Federal library community, but I wanted to ask your permission/thoughts first.

Blane

-----Original Message-----
From: The NDSA organization working group list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cornwall, Daniel D (EED)
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-ALL] Respond by Friday, May 6th: What registries do you participate in?

Dear Alliance Members,

The Content Registry Action Team needs your help for three minutes. We have been charged with investigating whether to build a registry of digital projects being preserved by Alliance members. The first step in this process is to see if there is already a project registry in existence that Alliance members are using.

Our team has identified a number of registries for digital projects and would like to know if your institution uses them. We have created a FIVE question survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MBN9FZH which we estimate will take between three and five minutes to complete. Ideally one person per institution should take this survey.

Please take a few moments to take our survey. We will make the results public after the survey closes on Friday, May 6, 2011. Your three minutes will help determine whether the Alliance builds its own registry tool or works with an existing project.

For more about our team, visit the NDSA wiki at http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_
Registry_Action_Team.  If you'd like to see what registries our team has identified, check out http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Existing
_Registry_Projects.

Thanks in advance for your three minute contribution towards making
preservation projects more visible.

-          Daniel Cornwall, chair Content Registry Action Team

=======================================

Daniel Cornwall

Head of Technical and Imaging Services

Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums

PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
Phone (907) 465-6332

Fax (907) 465-2665
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Web: http://lam.alaska.gov <http://lam.alaska.gov/> .

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://list.digitalpreservation.gov/SCRIPTS/WA-DIGITAL.EXE?SUBED1=NDSA-ALL&A=1