Wanted to be sure everyone saw this...
Abbie
From: DPP Program Management Office List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Potter, Abigail [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DPPPMO] Call for participation - NDIIPP/NDSA meeting

Call for Participation
You are invited to share the innovative ways you are making it work in digital preservation by submitting a proposal for a poster or interactive demonstration to the first combined NDIIPP and NDSA digital preservation partners meeting. The theme for the meeting is Make it Work: Improvisations on the Stewardship of Digital Information<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/news/events/ndiipp_meetings/ndiipp11/index.html>. We are looking for:
*         Demonstrations of completed (or nearly completed) work in digital stewardship, including standardization, technical infrastructure, access, outreach and education or collection development.
*         Examples of innovative, cutting-edge, or novel ideas for preservation and stewardship projects that could have significant impacts on work in the field.
*         Stories of how digital stewardship projects adjusted to changing situations and lessons learned from those experiences.

To be considered please send 300 words or less describing what you would like to present to Abbey Potter at [log in to unmask] by June 24, 2011. Accepted proposals will be notified by July 1, 2011.

Topics for group discussion
We are also soliciting ideas for discussion topics of broad interest to the digital stewardship community. If you have a question or concept you would like to work out or vet with the larger community please send a brief description of that topic to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by June 24, 2011.

Workshops
You will also have the opportunity to participate in several action-oriented workshops at the meeting. Concrete results and the advancement of ongoing work will be key features of the workshops. More information about the workshops and how you can participate will be forthcoming.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Registration will open soon.

Abigail Potter
Digital Archivist
Library of Congress

ph. 202-707-7371