Greetings.  Apologies for the cross-posting.
I'm wondering if anyone out there can link me to studies or papers about
staffing models for a library's web presence at public libraries in the US.
I'm looking for data that describes the number of in-house staff and the
skills of staff in libraries both large and small nationwide.
For example, some large libraries (like the one I work for) look at their
websites as a 'digital branch', and they staff it accordingly with
librarians, designers and developers.
A smaller (or different) library might not look at it the same way, they may
just have a person on staff with some HTML skills that can maintain things.
Has any effort been made to put this information together?
Thanks to everyone for your help-

--
Nate Hill
http://www.natehill.net