On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Doran, Michael D <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the most flexible output markup (RDF schema?), one that would allow the widest use of the web service in addition to outputting HTML markup for a mobile site page.

Not to start an RDF -vs- Microformats -vs- schema.org flamewar (how
has there not been one on this list yet?)... but: you might consider
the schema.org openingHours property, detailed in:

http://schema.org/LocalBusiness

It'd be pretty trivial to make a version that just returned today's
hours, or (probably better) used some CSS to display them more
prominently to visual clients.

The nice thing about the microdata / microformat (or RDFa) approach is
that you can just serve (x)?HTML, letting machines grab the data they
want and humans see the content they want.

Cheers,
-Nate