Hi all,

I'm curious: does ANYONE have an OPAC that passes an HTML validator test?

I've know mine doesn't, and none of the ones I spot-checked do either. (TPD: OhioLINK gets a prize for coming way closer than anyone, by at least an order of magnitude and sometimes several!)

Do catalogs even validate out-of-the-box? (I've never set up an OPAC before, I have no idea what "out-of-the-box" might actually look like.)

I'm presently writing an article about working up a mobile OPAC and am a little embarrassed to be talking about validation despite the fact that my own catalog doesn't validate. I'm glad to see (?) I'm not alone in this, but...

What do we think about this?

Ken