Hi Anjanette,

We're just wrapping up the sponsorship drive for Access 2011, and can say we learned:

-you can't start soliciting sponsorships too soon; a lot of organizations allocate their conference and sponsorship money very early
-before negotiating with sponsors, have a policy on whether sponsorship gets them a slot on the program. IIRC there was a long discussion about this on the c4l planning list.
-some sponsors might want to distribute branded material, and if you're planning on not handing out a log of swag, this might be a problem.

Some of the perks we offered potential sponsors are listed at http://access2011.library.ubc.ca/sponsorships/ (in fact some of this might have been cribbed from c4l 2011).

Mark

Mark Jordan
Head of Library Systems
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Voice: 778.782.5753 / Fax: 778.782.3023 / Skype: mark.jordan50