Quoting Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]>:

> Can anyone remind me if there's a machine readable copy of the MARC
> geographic codes available at any persistent URL?

Not sure how persistent, but here's Ross's version:

http://marccodes.heroku.com/gacs/

I often made the point at MARBI meetings (before I just gave up going
to them) that all of MARC (tags, subfields, codes) should be available
in a machine-readable form.[1] I go NUTS when I see those email
notices come around, the idea that all over the world people are
manually keying in codes into a local table. Please help us make sure
that does not happen in any future formats!!!! Make noise now!

kc

[1] The result was that a few meetings later LC announced that they
had coded the MARC online pages in XML, and were generating the HTML
from that. I think I was mis-understood.

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net