Ethan,

Documentation on the web service part of VIAF is up on the OCLC
Developer Network site at -
http://www.oclc.org/developer/documentation/virtual-international-authority-file-viaf/using-api

To get XML back for the query you sent just add &httpAccept=text/xml
on the end of the query.

This will get you XML output. It will look like HTML in your browser,
but if you view source you'll see the XML.

Karen