We use Drupal for our public website and an internal wiki (MediaWiki) for our intranet.

We selected Drupal for some obvious reasons. You don't need to code, you can use the internal editor within the page to make changes, and there's no need to connect to the server via FTP or shell.

MediaWiki was selected because we manage a lot of internal documents. I personally installed both systems, and I didn't want to use the same system for two different purposes. I felt like that would confuse a lot of users (myself included).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Junior Tidal
Assistant Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11210
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> Debra Kurtz <[log in to unmask]> 6/9/2011 12:56 PM >>>
Hi All,

Do any of you work in libraries that use the same content management system for both their intranet and public websites?  I'm interested in learning what tool and how well (or not) you like it.  I'm especially interested in hearing from those of you involved in the selection and implementation of these tools.

Thank you in advance,

-debra