On Jun 10, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Dwiggins David wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience mapping book data from PastPerfect 4 into MARC format for import to a library system? We have about 550 book records from an old version of PastPerfect that we are no longer using, and want to import them into our MARC-based library database.

I do not have any experience mapping PastPerfect data to MARC, but I have very recently blogged about it. [1] Probably the best export format PastPerfect supports is their Dublin Core XML. It appears to be syntactically correct (well-formed). On the other hand, the semantics leave a bit to be desired. As I noted at the end of my blog posting:

  We don’t live in an ideal metadata world, and increasingly it
  seems the best we can hope for is well-formed and valid metadata.
  Whether our metadata is complete or accurate is completely in the
  hands of people, not computers.

[1] PastPerfect - http://bit.ly/jCBcco

--
Eric Lease Morgan