The MODS convention is to add an accessCondition containing copyright
information expressed in a more specialized schema. There's an example
at:

  http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/userguide/accesscondition.html

The word "copyright" in copyrightDate in originInfo is a bit of a
misdirect in this case, since copyright date is always relevant to the
resource's origin but the identity of the rights holder isn't.

Cheers,
Ben Florin