On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Kevin S. Clarke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> What is the problem we're trying to solve again?  Do we think that the
> recent conferences have cost too much for the attendees?  That this
> year's will cost too much?  Are we worried about not finding places to
> host in the future?  Are we worried about needing the level of
> sponsorship that we currently do?

I don't think the issue is the registration cost, but the total cost
of the conference itself, which, minus sponsorship affects
registration cost at some level.

While any conference is going to need to be subsidized by the
sponsorships to keep registration costs down to our (low!)
satisfactory levels, it makes some sense to mitigate risk by having
the conference in cheaper venues.  Sponsorship, after all, is not a
guarantee.

-Ross.