Ken,

I think you'll find that most Blacklight instances have fairly low error rates, though are not error free. At Stanford, we are blessed to have a strong accessibility expert (not in the libraries), and we've been channeling his feedback [1] to continue to improve the accessibility of SearchWorks [2] for the last couple of years.

Others in the Blacklight community share this interest [3, 4], and vanilla VuFind seems to have similary low (but not perfect) error rate.  Given the earlier remark about Koha, it appears to me that this is a case where a rising tide raises all ships, and the impact of a few good accessibility people on a single OSS project is leveraged across a whole community.

- Tom

[1] http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/soap
[2] http://searchworks.stanford.edu
[3] http://search.lib.virginia.edu/