On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Nathan Tallman wrote:

> Can anyone direct me towards documentation on creating an OAI feed from
> scratch, without a repository infrastructure?

Setting up an OAI feed -- becoming an OAI data provider -- without a repository infrastructure would be challenging, to say the least. To learn more one would need to first read the OAI-PMH specification. [1] You would then need to write a program to support the OAI verbs (identify, listSets, etc.). All of the metadata in the resulting "feed" would need to come from some place, and this place is usually a database of some sort. You have a database listing your content, right?

[1] specification - http://bit.ly/dJyAE3

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame