From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Tallman
Sent: 21 June 2011 16:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] OIA Feeds

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Right now, I'm just exploring the options for a potential project. We need
to make our MARC records available as Dublin Core via OAI-PMH. We don't have
a digital repository or similar infrastructure at the moment, so I'll take a
look at the OAI Static Repository documentation.

I'd really like to upgrade our catalog to something like VuFind (no worries
about maintaining a static repository any more), but I haven't had time to
explore hooking VuFind into our existing Virtua database. It'd probably be
more efficient to just figure out and implement VuFind because of the host
of other benefits.

Thanks again. If anyone's using VuFind as a discovery interface to a Virtua
backend, let me know!

Nathan