Has anyone had any experience mapping book data from PastPerfect 4 into MARC format for import to a library system? We have about 550 book records from an old version of PastPerfect that we are no longer using, and want to import them into our MARC-based library database.

It appears that the vendor used to have an add-on called ezMARC that would do this, but they are no longer making it in version 5, and I'm not sure if it might still be available for version 4. I also don't know how effective it is -- would like to have a testimonial from someone before we spend money to buy add ons to a product we're no longer using!

I have all the data and could obviously map it manually. But I would obviously prefer to have a ready-made filter as a starting point.

Ideas?

-David

David Dwiggins
Systems Librarian/Archivist, Historic New England
141 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 994-5948
http://www.historicnewengland.org