Actually, what I really wanted to know was whether or not the people
here-subscribed would expect a proper REST interface to have an
associated media type and to use hypertext as the engine of
application state. In the link I originally provided [1], that's the
final distinguishing characteristic of a REST interface. The
discussion here seems to be about RPC-URI tunneling or HTTP-based Type
I. But that's useful as well, since it indicates I'm probably over
concerned with architectural style, and should just build something.
Thanks,

Devon

[1] http://www.nordsc.com/ext/classification_of_http_based_apis.html

--