Its true what they say, history does repeat itself! I don't see how
virtualization is much different from
a dummy terminal connected to a mainframe. I'd hate to see an entire
computer lab go down should the network fail.

The only real promise is for making web development and server management
easier.

Vmware is looking to make thing easier with CloudFoundry
http://cloudfoundry.org/ along
with Activestate and Stackato http://www.activestate.com/cloud

I definitely want to take those two out for a test run. Deployment looks
dead simple.

Juan Madrigal

Web Developer
Web and Emerging Technologies