Interesting problem maybe someone has a solution?

As my institution is too poor to afford Summon I often mooch off other libraries.  I'll preform my search, throw the articles I want into the Summon folder and then export the folder to my email.

Here is my dilemma:  I'd like to get the items in the summon folder easily into Refworks. if it was my institution there is a direct export but sadly it's not my institution.  So I thought using the BibTex format could easily do the trick.  However, when I import the BibTeX file from Summon into Refworks it only imports one citation not the 10 or 20 I have in the file.

The import filter I am using in Refworks is BibTeX - I select "multiple databases" as the database, though I've tried most of the other options available with no success. I leave the encoding at ANSI - Latin I.

I've opened the BibTeX file in a text editor (Jedit) and the tags look fine.  I've even copied the BibTeX text into Refworks text editor for import instead of uploading the file but that did not work either.  I suspect there is either something wrong with the tags in the Summon BibTeX export that I am not seeing or something wrong with the Refworks import filter.

As my institutions link resolver is embedded in Refworks I can mooch off another institutions Summon instance and (if I could easily make the import into Refworks) quickly determine via our link resolver if my institution has access to the items I've found.

I've attached a sample BibTeX file - assuming the listserv lets it through - maybe someone can identify a problem with the tags?

Thanks

James MacDonald
Web Services Librarian
Geoffrey R. Weller Library