On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Edward Iglesias
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered already but do any of you have
> experience
> using iPads as kiosks?  We would like to set up several as directional
> beacons with a sot of "you are here" feature.  I've found several apps to
> do
> the kiosk feature but the home button seems to be an issue.  Suggestions
> include a case that locks out the home button such as this

For kiosks, it seems like wifi chromebooks might be a decent option. They're
cheaper than ipads, can't do anything other than browse the web, and it's
easy to plug in external peripherals like keyboards, mice, and monitors.

kyle

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager
Orbis Cascade Alliance