Thanks for the reply, Stuart.  With the first question, I've updated the diagram to add an "Association" entity.  (Technically, I don't think this is an entity but rather a specialization of a relationship.)  This is based off some great work I saw at the NITRC.  Take a look at the "Associations" section of these page:

  http://www.nitrc.org/projects/fcon_1000/
  http://www.nitrc.org/projects/fsl/

This fits the use case you describe and that of modules that would be a part of a Drupal installation or how djatoka can be a component of several different projects.

Regarding the second question, I think of standards as a kind of "technology".  I've added "standard" to the list of enumerations at http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Registry_E-R_Diagram

Peter

--
Peter Murray         [log in to unmask]        tel:+1-678-235-2955
Ass't Director, Technology Services Development   http://dltj.org/about/