Eric,

Works fine in IE9 on my machine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] internet explorer and pdf files

I need some technical support when it comes to Internet Explorer (IE) and PDF files.

Here at Notre Dame we have deposited a number of PDF files in a Fedora repository. Some of these PDF files are available at the following URLs:

  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:1000793/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:832898/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:999332/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:832657/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:1001919/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:832818/PDF1
  * http://fedoraprod.library.nd.edu:8080/fedora/get/CATHOLLIC-PAMPHLET:834207/PDF1

Retrieving the URLs with any browser other than IE works just fine.

Unfortunately IE's behavior is weird. The first time someone tries to load one of these URL nothing happens. When someone tries to load another one, it loads just fine. When they re-try the first one, it loads. We are banging our heads against the wall here at Catholic Pamphlet Central. Networking issue? Port issue? IE PDF plug-in? Invalid HTTP headers? On-campus versus off-campus issue?

Could some of y'all try to load some of the URLs with IE and tell me your experience? Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame

(574) 631-8604