*Please excuse cross posting*

The deadline is Friday, August 5, 2011!

The LITA Program Planning Committee is now accepting proposals for the
2012 Annual American Library Association Conference.  We're looking
for full day pre-conferences, and half day and two hour conference
presentations on use of, new ideas for, and technology trends in
libraries. Think about the technology success or failure you're recently
had, or the topic you think we haven't had covered and put together a
proposal.

*When/Where is the Conference?*

2012 Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA: June 21–26, 2012

*What kind of topics are we looking for? *

Anything relating to libraries and technology! (That narrows it down,
right?) A few ideas might include: Comparing two or three library tools
(LibGuides vs Google Pages), (Un)Successful Implementation of a New
Technology, From the Trenches of an ILS Migration, Technology for
Marketing, Marketing Technology, Managing Technology, Project
Management, How to Quickly Build a Web App that looks Decent, Managing
People and Technology, Supporting Continuing Ed for Technology, Video
Creation and Editing, Including/Leveraging Users, Tech Tools for Data
Management, etc etc etc.

*When are proposals due? *

August 5, 2011

*How I do submit? *

Fill out this form
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFA4OGtRM2h4Q1VIbVNtWV94M1djN1E6MA#gid=0>

*When will I have an answer? *

The committee will be reviewing proposals in August, final decisions
will be made in September

*Do I have to be a member of ALA/LITA/an IG/a committee?*

No! We welcome proposals from anyone who feels they have something to
offer regarding library technology. Unfortunately, we are not able to
provide financial support for speakers.

*Got another question? *

Please feel free to email me ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and the group will figure it out.

--
Abigail Goben, MLS
http://HedgehogLibrarian.com