Here's a radical idea re: our standards survey. How about we just update existing Wikipedia pages and create new ones for standards that aren't yet in existence? We can update the existing pages to conform to what we were planning to put into our survey (in terms of fields) and make new ones. Then we have some kind of website that collocates links to the Wikipedia pages by type (metadata standards, AV file format standards, still image format standards, etc). That way we leverage what content is already in the pages and we don't have to figure out some data entry/retrieval tool.

This isn't a fully-formed thought but I wanted to throw it out there to see what y'all think.

Jimi