Hi Trevor,

Some minor tweaks:

Q1.
- change from radio button to checkbox ("check all that apply")

Add [] Other ____ [specify].

Switch ordering of Q3 & Q4.

Q6.  change from radio-button to checkbox ("check all that apply")

        change options to

We do fixity checks before and after transactions such as ingest
We do fixity checks on all content we are preserving on a schedule
We randomly sample content and check for fixity
We store fixitiy information in an independent system
We use a tamper-resistant fixity check mechanism (e.g. LOCKSS, ACE)

Generalize Q7:

Q7: Does your organization have specific documented  requirements for
your storage system(s):
     [checkboxes]
   [  ]  we have documented performance requirements
   [  ] we have documented functional requirements
   [  ] we have documented security requirements
   [  ] we have other documented requirements
             Please describe +________________+

   [ ] We plan to develop requirements within one year

Clarify Q8:

8. What are requirements for the availability of content you store?

 - eventual availability only (dark archive/disaster recovery)
-  off-line availability ( e.g. able to retrieve on request w/in 2
business days)
- near-line availability ( e.g. able to retrieve on request w/in 3 hours)
- on-line availability (e.g. instant online access for "moderate"
number of simultaneous users)
- high-performance availability ( access to large number of
simultaneous users/or for HPC)

18. "(ex ...)" --> "(ex. LOCKSS alliance, MetaArchive, Data-PASS)

22. Please provide any additional comments or clarifications here:
____________________

thanks,

Micah
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Owens, Trevor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear Infrastructure Working Group Members,
>
> Great call yesterday! For those who couldn't make it, we combed through the survey question by question and identified a series of improvements. (For a full run down of the discussion and suggestions see the draft meeting notes I posted to the wiki.) http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Wednesday,_August_24,_2011
>
> I have incorporated the points from our discussion into a third draft of the survey (See attached).
>
> Please take a few minutes to read over the revised survey and share any comments or suggestions over the list before COB next week Wednesday, August 31st. At that point I will plan on making any final edits and we can begin distributing over the NDSA-ALL mailing list.
>
> Best,
> Trevor
>
> Trevor Owens
> Digital Archivist
> National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
> Office of Strategic Initiatives
> The Library of Congress
> 101 Independence Ave SE
> Washington DC 20540-1300
> 202.707.7217

> write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
> or click the following link:
> http://list.digitalpreservation.gov/SCRIPTS/WA-DIGITAL.EXE?SUBED1=NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE&A=1

Micah Altman, Ph.D.     Senior Research Scientist, Institute for
Quantitative Social Science
                        Archival Director, Henry A. Murray Research Archive
Contact info, etc.:     http://maltman.hmdc.harvard.edu/
   * Disclaimer: This is an unofficial, unsigned, document.  (Copyright 2011) *
"Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate" - Dr. Invincibilis
(Corollary, "Ad indicia spectate.")