Colleagues,

I am writing you to update you today on a couple of news items about the Library of Congress Digital Preservation Outreach and Education (DPOE) Program.

We at DPOE are looking forward to the "DPOE Baseline Workshop," which is scheduled for September 20-23, 2011, at the Library of Congress Madison Building.  A group of 24 professionals from around the United States has been carefully selected from among a large number of applicants, to be trained to deliver future "DPOE Basics" workshops and assist in the coordination, development, and delivery of regional workshops for managers of digital collections.  By late September, we will be adding more news and content about this event to the DPOE Web site, at www.loc.gov/dpoe<http://www.loc.gov/dpoe>.

Secondly, the DPOE program is undergoing a staffing change.  The Library will be recruiting for a new DPOE project manager position over the next few weeks.  Until we announce a new project manager, kindly note the following communication protocol: With the departure of Barrett Jones from the DPOE Program and the Library last week on August 25, all DPOE email and other correspondence is to be directed to me, with a copy of any correspondence to Ellen O'Donnell, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Kristopher Nelson, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>,  and Lara Lookabaugh, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

All of us at DPOE thank you for your interest and support.

Sincerely,

George Coulbourne
Office of Strategic Initiatives, LM 637
Library of Congress