On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Doug Yancey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I just got this set up on our site, using php to parse the json response.
> You should be able to see the result on our staging port at:
>
>http://catalog.ccrls.org:2082
>
>...under the 'Bestsellers' menu in the top nav bar.

Nice. It reminds me of the Reading Radar portal, written using the
Maintainable PHP Framework.

http://readingradar.com/
https://github.com/maintainable/framework

>     would be happy to share that code with you, if you think it would
>help.

The author of Reading Radar described the structure of his mashup, but
didn't follow up with any code. It would be great to see yours.

http://jhherren.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/mashing-up-the-new-york-times-best-sellers-readingradarcom/

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Godmar Back <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>NYTimes could allow JSONP, but then developers would need to embed their
API
>key in their web pages, which means the API key would simply be a token
used
>for statistics, rather than for authentication. It's their choice that they
>don't allow that.

I saw several threads in the NY Times developer forum, one as far back as
2009, where a JSONP option had been promised by NY Times staff. It may not
be coming.

However, given that the API is read-only, I don't see the real consequence
of using keys in the open.

Tom