Our Boston Public Library needs to develop a more open encouraging
environment that we have folks with the best talents and skills! Begin
with fomenting exchanges where current BPLers can be free to express
their points of views. At this time BPLers are squelched by an
oppressive environment of relatively closed minded collegial managers.
Our Boston Public Library needs to be a Learning Library where
professionals, where all the folks at the counters and desks can
advance their expertise on site for credit with on site academic
programs administered by University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Northeastern Univeristy. We have Medical Centers that are Learning
Hospitals, we need Learning Libraries for information studies careers
advancement. Also on site for introducing people to library and
information careers. Most BPLers are squelched, suppressed expressing
their concerns for fear of reprisals by the fickle pissants!
University of Rhode Island tried once but got blocked by overpriced
Simmons a college that is short on extensive financial resources for
study. University at Albany would be a great fit for a demonstration
Learning Library project at our Boston Public Library should we get
political powers to support that, see also
http://www.albany.edu/informationstudies/