Tom,

Wasn't aware of the Reading Radar portal - thanks for sharing that.

I've put an example of the php file (extension changed to .txt), along with
the stylesheet I'm using in the following directory on our webserver:

http://nc.ccrls.org/code4lib/

I was going to build a caching strategy into the php script itself, but
recently discovered that our webserver can do output caching.  So I'm
exploring that right now and want it working before this little project goes
live.  I think it will improve performance, since these pages don't have to
be up-to-the-minute current, and keep us well away from the NYT api limits.

My only lingering question is whether or not this setup compromises my
developer key.  I don't think it does, since that key is included in the php
file itself and isn't visible in the output.  However, if others detect an
issue here, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Regards,

Doug

--
Doug Yancey
Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service