I think Roy's question was fair given the ambiguity of the words used and had it truly meant to "develop" (as from the ground up) it could have served as a good conversation starting point about how to determine the need and merits of starting another major project with what appeared to be very limited resources.  Especially when there are many tools readily available from other sources/projects.

But the clarification has been issued and the response that new wording is likely to be used in subsequent communications.

Let's accept that and move on.

Carl Grant