Hello all,

Can anyone suggest projects or general approaches for providing access
to digitized books on the web? We're not interested in CONTENTdm,
Greenstone has worked for us in the past but will not work for our
ongoing projects.

I don't have real experience with DSpace and such repository products,
but they seemed ill-suited for this purpose when I've examined them in
the past. Omeka (at last evaluation) is not compatible with hierarchic
objects (like books).

I am rather amazed that I have not been able to find any FOSS dedicated
to this. I am currently favoring the idea of creating a web app using a
decent framework (symfony2) designed for this purpose (web presentation
of hierarchic text-based entities).

Many thanks,

--
Yitzchak Schaffer