http://calibre-ebook.com/

I, Librarian
http://www.bioinformatics.org/librarian/

Juan Madrigal

Web Developer
Web and Emerging Technologies
University of Miami
Richter Library

On 9/8/11 2:26 PM, "Rob Casson" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

lots of folks use XTF (http://xtf.cdlib.org/) for ebook collections

cheers,
rob

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Yitzchak Schaffer
<[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Hello all,

Can anyone suggest projects or general approaches for providing access to
digitized books on the web? We're not interested in CONTENTdm, Greenstone
has worked for us in the past but will not work for our ongoing projects.

I don't have real experience with DSpace and such repository products, but
they seemed ill-suited for this purpose when I've examined them in the past.
Omeka (at last evaluation) is not compatible with hierarchic objects (like
books).

I am rather amazed that I have not been able to find any FOSS dedicated to
this. I am currently favoring the idea of creating a web app using a decent
framework (symfony2) designed for this purpose (web presentation of
hierarchic text-based entities).

Many thanks,

--
Yitzchak Schaffer