Rowan-

Having a hosted catalog and circ system seems very easy to do.  There are several open source library systems such as Koha and Evergreen that might suit your needs:

http://www.koha.org/

http://open-ils.org/

Are there volunteers present the entire time the library is open to borrowers?  Or are you counting on borrowers having smartphones to complete self-checkout?

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <[log in to unmask]>

"I don't need to be forgiven." -- The Who, Baba O'Reilly